Translate

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Introductory Course: Part II, BASE COLORS

Now I have never been the one, to climb my way unto a circumstance without nosediving straight into the plan at hand. I wish to provide one of three important aspects in my theory; many would argue that this is the most important. [I can only digress.] As we know, the human genome contains three forms of UNDERTONE: NEUTRAL, WARM, AND COOL. If you go to any beauty blog, beauty experts will advise the scanning of your wrist to determine a correct classification of this skin feature. NEUTRALS: mint green veins; WARMS: deep green veins; COOL: pale blue veins. While this is the most simple of examinations, people are generally left confused. When I first did a self-exam I classified myself a WARM UNDERTONE. This was a mistake. I later learned myself to be NEUTRAL. However, in my nature could I only blame the personnel at the beauty counter. In my first skin foundation, was I classified as a WARM UNDERTONE.

In general, skin foundations are a very frustrating aspect of growing up female. I personally feel them to be worse than the sizing of ones' breast, jean size, and even shoe size. Women have gone through containers of foundation in hopes of finding one correct for their exact complexion. Never could. In fact, most women refuse to wear foundation, but it remains a despised specimen on the counter. And in its demented way has it become a form of IDOL, or GOD in its level of difficulty. Entranced, do we buy the new advertised brands in hopes of showing off an amazing complexion match to our friends and foes: "I am a SUCCESS!"

What is BASE COLOR? Base color, is the neutral palette for human skin. In my typing system, it is a range of nine degrees in pigmentation. Now, here is the controversial part: WHO POSSESSES SUCH COLORS? Well, when it comes to the purity of these colors, only those of full-blooded ancestry from a region. If you are of diverse ancestry, and of neutral tone, is there a definite mash of two neutral base colors; highlighting your unique ancestry.

As there are are nine degrees of pigmentation, have I separated them into three categories. The terms are made from encouragement of my love in SURREALISM ART; so as to prevent a STANDARD for the skin degrees within their brackets:
TERMES

TERMES (T): In western society, are we accustomed to the fairest skin foundations mentioned FIRST in a line of conjured pigmentation. As much as we would like to think the line up has no damaging effect to the esteem of budding minorities- it does. It forges a level of inferiority, in that the fairest be labeled 001, for example, in the deepest pigmentation labeled as 036. Who does not want to be FIRST PLACE? Hence, have I likely done mind-boggling in the deepest degrees being an intro to the LETTERING SYSTEM. Termes, or T, is the name for olive branch in LATIN. In examining the main stump, I concluded this the perfect abstraction label of deep skin.

{NOTE: The accompanying color blocks assisted myself in configuring a color chart for all human base colors and undertones. While they make look strange next to the actual human, these color blocks have been quite influential on my work. I have chosen to showcase the origin of these blocks on the utmost (presented near the end of this posting). Yes, these are paint colors.}







COLORS ARE CHARTED STARTING FROM THE UPPER-MOST COLOR BLOCK: Intense Degree: T; Moderate Intense: TM; Low Intense: TL
T

TM

TL

MODELS: Grace Bol, Sudanese Woman; Eritrean Girl; Ethiopian Girl. 

MEL MELLIS (M): 
An abstract terminology of moderate-intense skin pigmentation. It comes from the Latin word of honey.
MEL MELLIS



 COLORS ARE CHARTED STARTING FROM THE UPPER-MOST COLOR BLOCK: Moderate Intense: MT; Moderate: M; Moderate Low: ML
MT

M

ML

MODELS: Sri Lankan Girl; Lakshmi Menon, Indian Woman; Tuareg Woman.

LAC LACTIS

LAC LACTIS (L): An abstract terminology for the most faint of degree in pigmentation. Derives from the Latin word for MILK.



COLORS ARE CHARTED STARTING FROM THE UPPER-MOST COLOR BLOCK: Low Intense: LT; Low Moderate: LM; Low Moderate: L


LT

LM

L

MODELS: Turkish woman; Ukrainian (Budding) Woman; Adele, English.

EPILOGUE: Well, I know this was a lot thrown at you. [It took a long time, and some learning of formatting skill to get this into place.] In summary, what I have presented are the human BASE COLORS OF MY COLOR TYPING SYSTEM. These are the colors of those with neutral palettes; as well as, the BASE COLOR for all other warm and cool accompanying undertones. A set of undertones, and further explanation of the "full-blood" and "mixed" theories will be explained later in my postings. I hope this post broadened your horizons on the human race in general. Feel free to hurl back any counterarguments to my posted thoughts. I will gladly respond to criticism.

-Ashaït

No comments:

Post a Comment